Welcome to the Primary Science Page!
Parents and families… want to sign up for Primary Science news updates?
Complete this Google Form!
If you ever have any questions or comments about the science program, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you leave a message at the front office, I can call you outside of school hours.
Term Four Program
This term, students Year 4-7 are learning about PHYSICS!
Students have been asked to plan and conduct an experiment linked to their year level’s Achievement Standard:
- Year 4 – Students describe how contact and non-contact forces affect interactions between objects.
- Year 5 – Explain everyday phenomena associated with the transfer of light.
- Year 6 – Students analyse requirements for the transfer of electricity and describe how energy can be transformed from one form to another when generating electricity.
- Year 7 – Students represent and predict the effects of unbalanced forces, including Earth’s gravity, on motion.
To complete their project, students will need to:
- Write Investigation Planner (see headings/sentence examples here)
- Run the experiment, taking measurements and recordings in the form of notes/diagrams/tables
- Summarise what they have learned about their Achievement Standard from their experiment and discuss their results
Students will be marked based on:
- The quantity and quality of scientific vocabulary covered and concepts explained in their own words
- The originality and creativity of their investigation question
- Their thoroughness with keeping the test fair
- The detail in recordings, measurements and/or observation notes
- The ability to summarise the findings of their investigation
Science Keyword Lists