Room 30

Nogards

This week our class drew a Nogard. Mrs Lucas read us a description of a Nogard and we had to listen carefully and then visualise and draw what we thought the Nogard looked like. We worked out that Nogard is dragon spelt backwards.

Aden Ava Chloe Christopher Claire Crystal Eli Elissa Hannah Isabelle Jake Josiah Lily Lucas Misha Mollie Natasha Nethushi Pieter Sadina Sophia Tyla Vivaan Zac

ACQUAINTANCE NIGHT INFORMATION SHEET

Please find a copy of my room information sheet attached that was sent home after acquaintance night.

Aquaintance night 2017

Dear Parents, attached below is the homework contract for this term, students will be expected to complete one task every 2 weeks. These will be due at the end of each even week. They will also have weekly tasks to complete each week that are shaded in grey on the grid. The book review roster is also attached so you can check when your child’s book review is due.

Book Review Roster

Term 1 Homework Grid 2017

Dear Parents/Caregivers,

My name is Janet Lucas and I would like to welcome you and your child to Year 3 in Room 30.  I hope that you all had an enjoyable and restful holiday. I have been a teacher at East Marden for the past 8 years and this is my 5th year of teaching year 3.

The first two weeks will focus on social skills and classroom organisation. This gives the children the opportunity to settle into their new classroom, get to know each other and me, revise their skills of co-operation and re-acquaint themselves with the school rules so that we have a happy and successful classroom.

Please make sure that all your child’s belongings are neatly named.

At this stage your child will need:

• A pencil case
  • A drink bottle (water only)
  • A school hat
  • A box of tissues

This year your child will have a diary. Can you please cover your child’s diary as soon as possible?  The diary can be used to record reading each night, make notes, reminders etc. This book can also be used as a communication book between home and school. When your child is absent from school please ensure that the school has been notified of your child’s absence.

School begins at 8:50 a.m., so it is best for your child to be at school by at least 8:40 a.m. so that they can organize themselves. In year 3 children need to take responsibility for their own organisation such as packing/unpacking their bag each day, homework, lunch etc. More information about classroom procedures will be available on Acquaintance night.

To help me get to know your child and their needs better could you please complete the attached questionnaire and return it to me by the end of week 1.

I’m really looking forward to an enjoyable, positive and rewarding year with the children. Communication between home and school is very important so please don’t hesitate to come in and talk to me either before or after school if you have any questions or concerns. Staff meetings will take place on Tuesdays at 3:15 so I won’t be as easily available after school on a Tuesday.

Regards

Janet Lucas